Adidas Originals’ latest campaign has kicked off with an inspiring, beautifully-shot ad. The advertisement communicates to audiences about creating your own future and not just accepting the one you’re given.
The campaign by Johannes Leonardo, directed by RSA’s Terence Neale, features a “squad” of eight up-and-coming artists and cultural influencers from around the world. Among those involved were Luka Sabbat, Kyu Steed, Aleali May, Ikwa Zhao, Reese Cooper, Design Butler, Yuki Matsuda and Iman Shumpert.
The film shows them confidently marching forward through a dystopian-looking landscape of burnt-out urban wasteland and cut-down forests, to the score of an original track by Daisy Hamel-Buffa with the chorus “Your future is not mine.”
On the way, they pass some depressing and disturbing scenarios. People making love with VR viewers on, crowds of people on motorized scooters, a trainful of commuters on smartphones. But they keep on going, in a kind of anthem to individuality and defiance.
The campaign, for Adidas Originals’ Spring/Summer 2016 collection, also includes print, outdoor and in-store executions of the eight influencers. All images are shot by art and fashion photographers Pieter Hugo, Oliver Hadlee Pearch and Tyrone Lebon.
- Agency: Johannes Leonardo
- CCO: Jan Jacobs
- Client: Adidas Originals
- CCO: Leo Premutico
- CD: Ferdinando Verderi, Wesley Phelan & Matthew Edwards
- Chief Strategic Officer: Andrew Dawson
- Account Director: Sam McCallum & Dom Dalton
- Account Supervisor: Gulru Soylu
- Head of Production: Cedric Gairard
- Executive Producer Film: Justin Lane
- Producer Film: Tina Diep
- Senior Designer: Elena Miska
- Designer: Michael Riso
- Production Company: RSA Films
- Director: Terence Neale
- EP: Tracie Norfleet
- Producer: Betsy Blakemore
- DOP: Sebastian Wintero
- Production Company Budapest: Pioneer Films
- EP: Melinda Szepesi
- Production Company Cape Town: Egg Films
- EP: Rozanne Rocha-Gray
For More Information, visit Adidas Website.